The floating building at Salpare Bay Marina in Oregon sits on a match-cast, stamped concrete platform. The building has office space, laundry facilities and restrooms.
Floating buildings are another application for floating platforms. There are many reasons for placing a structure on the water. Lack of upland property, convenience and ambiance are the most common.
Buildings require rigid foundations. Our match-cast design ensures the platform performs as a single unit. With a solid foundation, you can use traditional methods to build the structure on top of the platform without worry of long-term performance of the building.
- 50 + year service life
- Exceptional durability
- Stable and solid foundation
- Fire & rot resistant
- Proven ecological benefits – water quality & habitat creation
- Solid concrete on all 6 sides
- Match-cast, post-tensioned construction
- Compressive strength 6,000 psi or greater
- Colored or stamped concrete
- Building footings cast-in
- Plumbing, electrical and fire systems
- Connected to dock or standalone structure
- Any size, any freeboard, any weight bearing specification